Follow these five steps to make the buying process as smooth as possible.
Are you looking to buy a home? It’s an exciting time, but it can be overwhelming too. That’s why today, we want to run through the five steps to buying a home:
1. Get pre-approved. The last thing we want is to help you find a great home only to find that it’s outside of your budget. We recommend you work with a local lender because they have more availability and flexibility.
2. Find a quality agent. Make sure that whoever you’re working with is a full-time agent and can work with you whenever possible. You should read agent reviews to find someone who will help you get the best deal you can.
3. Look for homes you’re interested in. Communicate clearly with your agent about what you want and don’t want in your next home. The more details you give, the more likely you are to find a home you truly love.
4. Make an offer. Once you fall in love with a home, it’s time for you and your agent to craft a great offer. In this market, homes are often selling over asking price, so make sure you make an aggressive offer upfront.
5. Acceptance. There will be documents and closing costs, but the hard work is done. Work together with your agent to make the transition into your new home as smooth as possible.
All these steps are a lot easier if you start the process by finding a great agent. If you have any questions, please call or email us. We are always willing to help.